Kingston Lacy allotments
Four years ago I set up Step Outside an allotment gardening group at Kingston Lacy. This is a collaborative project involving Wimborne Dementia Friendly Community, National Trust and In Jolly Good Company. It’s a great afternoon out and you don’t need any experience of gardening to join in. Some like to sit and chat, whilst others harvest vegetables and pick flowers but everything stops for tea and posh biscuits. We still get together on wet days and through the winter in the cosy kitchen.
We meet every first and third Tuesday of the month. There is a nominal charge of £2 a head. Keep an eye out for our monthly Newsletter coming soon and sign up for all the latest news and times.
Your afternoon with us
• Arrival from 2pm onwards.
• Activites include gardening, relaxing, chatting and catching up, cutting flowers, harvesting and also arts and crafts.
• A tea break (with biscuits) around the camping stove.
• We finish by 4.30pm.
• We still meet on wet days, if in doubt phone for more information.
• There is a nominal charge of £2 a head for these sessions, please contact Sarah for more details.